Technology Fundamentals for Non-IT Professionals: Self-Study
This course will help business professionals understand technology – how it works, what to expect and key trends shaping the future of businesses.
The course will explore component parts of technology and their relationships; key trends and underpinning laws that steer technological development, to be able to see the big-picture IT and leverage it for various purposes and goals.
The ‘triple threat’ of covid, climate change and technology disruption are changing the business environment and basis of global trade. Executives, business owners and working professionals need to understand the basic building blocks of technology, to be able to effectively engage IT service providers, clients and upstream professionals with confidence, with performance impact and to get results.
The course gives a practical, contemporary view of tech. to power performance in real time in the workplace or home office.
It assumes no prior background in computer studies.
- You will learn the building blocks that make up technology and how they relate to each other and to business
- Present trends in technology and their impacts on work performance
- How technology fits to processes to drive business and individual performance
- Communication concerns and appropriate language to interact more effectively with IT professionals, to make better decisions
- What is required to establish efficient data management structures and supporting infrastructure to enhance your access to, and use of, data
This course is suitable for company executives, business owners, CFOs, operations management, business administration, management and technical professionals (across engineering, advertising and media, supply chain, consulting, legal, medical, education, security, hospitality, facilities and freelance professionals)
COURSE FACILITATOR: FAHEEM MOHAMMED
Faheem has over 2 decades of involvement in ICT training, consulting and research at company, sector and national levels. His roles included:
- program director for IT Management masters program at a Caribbean Business School (UWI);
- Business IT faculty on MBA, Marketing, Supply Chain and Public Sector masters programs, executive education courses, and
- consulting engagements in digital transformation and technology strategy for growing organisations and start-ups.
He holds a MSc in Strategic Business IT, BSc in Management, and Graduate Certificates in Adult Education, amongst others.
This is a self-study course, with recorded lectures and application exercises to build your competence.
As part of PDMA service design, the LiveLink features allows you individual face-time with the facilitator where you can get clarification on your study, assistance and feedback on your activities, and even support for your project, as part of the course of study.
- LiveLink is an interactive session with you and the facilitator to clarify or get support and advice on your application of the course learnings.
- This appointment-only facility is available to you as part of your course experience, at no extra charge.
- Access LiveLink through your elearning platform link provided or by simply emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Computer Hardware Technology
Computer Networking Overview
Data & Data Management
This quiz has 10 questions and you have 30 minutes to complete it. Once your score is 80% or over, you would earn a verifiable certificate that would be immediately available for your access.